Intermodal Station District
Opportunity. The Future. A New Downtown.
Union City’s Intermodal Station is the center point of a robust, transit-oriented community.
Developments to the east and west sides of the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station bring residents and businesses together with local and regional transportation systems.
Surrounding the station are high-density housing, retail shopping, commercial business, industrial land, and open space - all in close proximity to I-880, AC Transit, and the Dumbarton Express. Landscaped pedestrian walkways and bike paths make it both convenient and enjoyable for residents and workers to leave the car behind and reduce carbon emissions.
The Intermodal Station provides direct and easy access to BART, and future connections to Dumbarton Rail, Capitol Corridor, and Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) Train, trains. The station will also streamline the movement of goods by reducing conflicts between passenger trains and freight trains, improving access to the Port of Oakland.
This is the future.
A beautiful new downtown designed to protect the environment and improve the quality of life.
Development of the Station District will transform former industrial acreage into a vibrant, integrated neighborhood that will enable residents to live, work, shop and play in the same area.
Benefits and Amenities
- Class A office space and premium investment opportunities.
- Mix of housing types, including rental and ownership housing.
- Streamlined movement of people and freight, resulting in reduced traffic congestion.
- Interconnection of regional transit services, including BART, rail, and bus.
- Separate freight rail to move goods to and from the Port of Oakland.
- Reduction of carbon emissions and greenhouse gasses.