|Taxi Cab and Public Transportation Licensing
Per section 5.20.280 (Taxicabs, trucks, public transportation) of the Union City Municipal Code, any person or company operating a taxicab or public transportation service (e.g., limousine, shuttle, etc.) within Union City shall obtain and renew a business license annually.
The license tax per vehicle is $145 dollars annually. This license is mandatory for any vehicle that picks up customers in Union City. Any vehicle discovered picking up customers without a license will be subject to citations and significant fines.
If you wish to obtain a business license in order to operate a public transportation service please complete and submit the following:
- Completed Public Transportation Vehicle Information Sheet - One sheet per vehicle must be submitted
- A Business License Application- One per company or individual vehicle owner
In addition, please enclose copies of the following:
- Copy of Clearance from the Alameda County Sealer of Weights and Measures (for meters)
- Copy of California Vehicle Registration- One copy per vehicle
- Copy of Certificate of Liability Insurance – This must remain current at all times
- Copy of Valid and Current Driver’s License per driver of the vehicle
Return all required documents to the following:
Revenue and Collections
Ph. (510) 675-5398
Fax (510) 487-9361
34009 Alvarado Niles Road
Union City, CA, 94587
Cashier Hours of Operations:
Monday thru Thursday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Alternate Fridays 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Map and City Hall Calendar
Have more questions?
Email us Your Questions