Alameda County offers this service for businesses, organizations, and agencies to drop off small amounts of hazardous waste safely and affordably. Due to Federal and State hazardous waste laws, businesses cannot participate in the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Residential Drop-off Service.
To participate in the Small Business Service:
- Provide an EPA Hazardous Waste Identification Number. If you don't already have one, visit the California EPA website or call 800-618-6942.
- Apply for an account with the HHW Program and qualify as a Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG). Download the Small Business Hazardous Waste Service Forms Packet here.
- Make an appointment by calling 800-606-6606. Businesses must have an account before making appointments and cannot make appointments on-line.
Learn more about the Small Business Hazardous Waste Service:
- Find out what materials are accepted.
- Questions? Check out the StopWaste Frequently Asked Questions here or call toll-free: 800-606-6606.