Report a Problem in My Neighborhood

The Neighborhood Preservation Program (part of the Economic and Community Development Department) enforces the Union City Municipal Code as it applies to issues like property maintenance, property nuisances, zoning, and various other issues covered in the Municipal Code.

We work closely with various city departments and our residents to resolve health, safety, and nuisance problems that may affect the quality of life for our community. While we prefer voluntary compliance, sometimes we must issue citations to those who don’t follow the Municipal Code.

Reporting Violation

You can report a suspected violation by phone, email, mail or in person at City Hall. Please provide the exact address of where the suspected violation is located when filing a complaint. We also ask you be as specific as possible in describing the complaint to help us clearly identify the problem.