Transit Passes & Paratransit Tickets
For Union City Transit questions and general information please call 510.471.1411.
For Clipper Card sales outlets, visit www.clippercard.com.
Union City Transit only accepts 31-Day passes loaded on a Clipper Card effective July 1, 2018! A Clipper Card conveniently works on Union City Transit, BART, AC Transit, Dumbarton Express, and many other public transit operators in the Bay Area. A 31-Day pass costs the same as the old monthly pass.
To obtain a new Clipper Card, visit ClipperCard.com (order new card) or come to Union City City Hall at 34009 Alvarado-Niles Road. On the order page, just click the Union City Transit logo and select the option for a 31-day pass. There is no charge for Youth and Senior Clipper Cards. Adult cards are $3 or free if you apply online and set up autoload. Please note that if you do not add additional cash value or select another fare product to the Clipper Card, it will ONLY work on Union City Transit and not for other transit agencies.
For more information and to obtain a card, please visit ClipperCard.com (fares and info) or call Clipper Customer Service at 877.887.8883.
Buying Paratransit 10-Ride Booklets Online
Easy steps to buying paratransit tickets online:
- Click the "Add to Cart" button below the pass that you would like to purchase.
- Enter the quantity of permits desired in new window or tab from PayPal.
- If you would like to buy a number of different passes, click separately on the "Add to Cart" buttons below, and the items will appear in your PayPal shopping cart that opened in separate tab or window.
- Click on "Check Out" to pay with a Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover) and enter info, or click on "Check Out With PayPal" to use your PayPal account to make the purchase.
- Click on "Review Order and Continue" after all information is entered.
- If all your information is correct, click on "Pay Now."
- Paratransit ticket books will arrive within 1 week of purchase.
Read through more instructions on purchasing passes online (PDF).
Please note that transit and paratransit operators are allowed to ask for valid ID when presenting certain passes. Operators are allowed to deny service and confiscate a pass or ticket that is used fraudulently.
Thank you for supporting public transit and riding Union City Transit.
Paratransit 10-Ride Ticket Book - $27.50
(Ticket Booklet Sales Suspended Until After April 7th, 2020)
These Paratransit ticket books may be purchased by anyone but are only valid on Union City Paratransit for certified riders. Please note: paratransit ticket books are not Taxi Vouchers. Taxi Vouchers must be purchased in person or through the mail. Please click here for more information and an order form.
Review your selections before purchasing your monthly pass.
Student Transit Pass Program (STPP) in Alameda County
Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) is responsible for the implementation of the Student Transit Pass Program (STPP) in Alameda County. The program makes it easier to travel to and from school and school-related programs, jobs and other activities, expanding transportation options for Alameda County’s middle and high school students.
The goals of the program are to:
- Reduce barriers to transportation access to and from schools
- Improve transportation options for Alameda County’s middle and high school students
- Build support for transit in Alameda County
- Implement a cost effective program
The STPP provides free youth Clipper cards to eligible middle and high school students which can be used for unlimited free bus rides in their area (on AC Transit, Union City Transit or LAVTA Wheels), as well as a 50 percent discount on BART trips and youth discounts on other transit systems.
For more information, including participating schools, grades, and application information, please follow this link: https://www.alamedactc.org/programs-projects/studentpass/