Transit Passes & Paratransit Tickets

For Union City Transit questions and general information please call 510.471.1411.

For Clipper Card sales outlets, visit

Brand Rule

Clipper Card 

Union City Transit only accepts 31-Day passes loaded on a Clipper Card effective July 1, 2018! A Clipper Card conveniently works on Union City Transit, BART, AC Transit, Dumbarton Express, and many other public transit operators in the Bay Area. A 31-Day pass costs the same as the old monthly pass.

To obtain a new Clipper Card, visit (order new card) or come to Union City City Hall at 34009 Alvarado-Niles Road. On the order page, just click the Union City Transit logo and select the option for a 31-day pass. There is no charge for Youth and Senior Clipper Cards. Adult cards are $3 or free if you apply online and set up autoload. Please note that if you do not add additional cash value or select another fare product to the Clipper Card, it will ONLY work on Union City Transit and not for other transit agencies.

For more information and to obtain a card, please visit (fares and info) or call Clipper Customer Service at 877.887.8883. 

Buying Paratransit 10-Ride Booklets Online

Easy steps to buying paratransit tickets online:

  • Click the "Add to Cart" button below the pass that you would like to purchase.
  • Enter the quantity of permits desired in new window or tab from PayPal.
  • If you would like to buy a number of different passes, click separately on the "Add to Cart" buttons below, and the items will appear in your PayPal shopping cart that opened in separate tab or window.
  • Click on "Check Out" to pay with a Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover) and enter info, or click on "Check Out With PayPal" to use your PayPal account to make the purchase.
  • Click on "Review Order and Continue" after all information is entered.
  • If all your information is correct, click on "Pay Now."
  • Paratransit ticket books will arrive within 1 week of purchase.

Read through more instructions on purchasing passes online (PDF).

Please note that transit and paratransit operators are allowed to ask for valid ID when presenting certain passes. Operators are allowed to deny service and confiscate a pass or ticket that is used fraudulently.

Thank you for supporting public transit and riding Union City Transit. 

Paratransit 10-Ride Ticket Book - $27.50

These Paratransit ticket books may be purchased by anyone but are only valid on Union City Paratransit for certified riders. Please note: paratransit ticket books are not Taxi Vouchers. Taxi Vouchers must be purchased in person or through the mail. Please click here for more information and an order form.

View Cart

Review your selections before purchasing your monthly pass.

Alameda County's Student Transit Pass Pilot Project for James Logan High and Cesar Chavez Middle Schools

The Student Transit Pass Pilot is a three-year pilot program sponsored by the Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) and funded by Measure BB, a countywide sales tax measure. The program's purpose is to make it easier for our students to travel to and from school and school-related programs, jobs, and other activities, expanding the transportation options for Alameda County's middle and high school students. The three-year Pilot is expected to run from August 2016 through July 2019, with the hope of creating a basis for a countywide student transit pass program (funding permitting). James Logan High and Cesar Chavez Middle Schools are two of eleven schools in Alameda County that will participate in this program during the 2016-2017 pilot year. If you are a full-time 8th, 9th or 10th grade student enrolled at either James Logan High or Cesar Chavez Middle Schools for the 2016-2017 school year, you are eligible to purchase a Student Transit Pass as part of this pilot program. For more information about the James Logan High School program and an application, please view the Alameda County Student Transit Pass Pilot Registration document (PDF). For more information about the Cesar Chavez Middle School program and an application, please view the Alameda County Student Transit Pass Pilot Registration, Consent, and Release Form (PDF).