Community & Recreation Services
- Modified Summer Camp Notice - Updated June 17, 2020
- Summer 2020 Program & Activities Registration and Cancellations - Updated April 20, 2020
- Playgrounds, Outdoor Courts, & Sports Fields CLOSED until further notice - Updated March 25, 2020 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Dear Families -
As we wait to see what the new school year will look like, Union City Community & Recreation Services (CRS) is working on adapting its youth programs to best meet the needs of our community and follow county guidelines. We particularly want to provide support for working parents and offer activities for our children’s social, emotional and physical well-being.
Some of the options CRS is considering this fall are:
- Childcare for school age children who are participating in distance learning (full or part-time).
- After school childcare that will correspond with NHUSD hybrid school schedules.
- Mini day camps on non-school days.
- Youth and teen enrichment classes, clinics and workshops that offer arts, dance, drama, fitness, sports, tutoring and technology.
All programs and activities will be very limited in size and will follow Alameda County guidelines. This includes daily health check-ins and the expectation that all participants will limit themselves to only 1 extracurricular activity group.
If you are interested in being sent more information or wish to be added to the fall interest list, please go to www.unioncity.org/reg and register your children on the Fall Youth Programs Interest List, activity code # FA20YP-100. Families on the interest list will receive Fall Youth Program information via email or text and have first priority to register once the NHUSD fall schedule has been finalized.
Union City Community & Recreation Services
Union City's award-winning Community and Recreation Services department provides recreation and leisure services to our entire community. Recently honored by the California Park and Recreation Society, we operate the Holly Community Center, Kennedy Community Center, Ruggieri Senior Center, Sports Center, Teen Center, Teen Workshop and, in the summer, the Dan Oden Swim Complex.
We offer programs for children, teens, adults, and seniors to inspire, grow, and unite our community. Our programs include:
- After-school middle school programs
- Community gardens
- Day camps in summer, winter and spring
- Family Drive-In Movie Nights!
- Fitness Classes (Mark Green Sports Center)
- Senior Activity Calendar (July 2020)
- Senior lunches (July 2020 Calendar)
- Senior Activities & Lunch Calendar (August 2020)
- Special Needs Programs for people with physical and mental disabilities
- Tot time
- Volunteer recruitment
- Youth sports (Social Bubble Summer Sports Programs)
Resident Registration starts on Monday, April 13, 2020
Non-Resident Registration starts on Monday, 20, 2020
Registration Form (PDF)
City of Union City Memorial Bench Program
Union City has many beautiful parks that are enjoyed by the community. The Community & Recreation Services Department has developed a Memorial Bench Program to provide an opportunity to recognize residents who have passed away, or to honor those who have made an impact in the community. Family and friends can join together to donate an attractive, personalized park bench in one of Union City parks to remember their loved one. The donation of a memorial bench includes the purchase and installation of the bench, an engraved plaque, as well as any needed site preparation by the Public Works Department.
If you are interested in the Memorial Bench Program, please contact the Union City Community & Recreation Services at (510)675-5495 or click on the link for the application.