Community & Recreation Services
- Attention Mark Green Sports Center Members! Sports Center will be open from October 19th - October 30th for members only! Click here for more information. - Updated October 19, 2020
- School Daze (Full Time & Part Time Academic Assistance & Rec Programs during School Year for 1st thru 5th Graders) - Updated August 7, 2020 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Dear Families -
As we see how the new school year unfolds, Union City Community & Recreation Services (CRS) is working on adapting its youth programs to best meet the needs of our community and follow county guidelines. We particularly want to provide support for working parents and offer activities for our children’s social, emotional and physical well-being.
Some of the options CRS is considering in providing:
- Childcare for school age children who are participating in distance learning (full or part-time).
- After school childcare that will correspond with NHUSD hybrid school schedules.
- Mini day camps on non-school days.
- Youth and teen enrichment classes, clinics and workshops that offer arts, dance, drama, fitness, sports, tutoring and technology.
All programs and activities will be very limited in size and will follow Alameda County guidelines. This includes daily health check-ins and the expectation that all participants will limit themselves to only 1 extracurricular activity group.
For more information, please view the Fall CRS Activity Guide or go to www.unioncity.org/reg for registration. If there are youth activities you are looking for, but do not see them currently offered, please email your suggestions to UCCAres@unioncity.org. The CRS staff will review the ideas and do their best to make it a reality. Thank you for your continued support and participation with Union City Community & Recreation Services!
Union City Community & Recreation Services
Union City's award-winning Community and Recreation Services department provides recreation and leisure services to our entire community. Recently honored by the California Park and Recreation Society, we operate the Holly Community Center, Kennedy Community Center, Ruggieri Senior Center, Sports Center, Teen Center, Teen Workshop and, in the summer, the Dan Oden Swim Complex.
We offer programs for children, teens, adults, and seniors to inspire, grow, and unite our community. Our programs include:
- After-school middle school programs
- Care Givers Wanted!
- Club Une Daze at KYC (Full & Half Day Distance Learning Supervision and after school activities for 6th thru 8th graders)
- Community Garden (John Haley Community Garden)
- Family Drive-In Movie Nights!
- Fitness Classes (Mark Green Sports Center)
- Kinder Klubhouse (After School Enrichment for ages 4.5 - 6 years)
- Memorial Bench Program
- Play-Well Lego Engineering Virtual Classes
- Preschool Programs
- School Daze (Full Time & Part Time Academic Assistance & Rec Programs during School Year for 1st thru 5th Graders)
- Senior Activities & Lunch Calendar (October 2020)
- Skateboard Lessons (Rob Skate Academy) October Lessons
- Special Needs Programs for people with physical and mental disabilities
- Tom Cain Photo Contest
- Tot time
- Volunteer recruitment
- Youth sports (Social Bubble Summer Sports Programs)