Joining a commission is a great way to get involved with your community. At the end of each year, the City Clerk prepares and posts a list of expiring appointed terms for the coming year, the names of incumbents, and the dates of their appointment. The following is a list for 2019:
Human Relations Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Shamsa Rafay Masood, Commissioner - Email Shamsa
- Derrick Richardson, Commissioner - Email Derrick
- Medha Rishi, Commissioner - Email Medha
- Dilip Sharma, Alternate Commissioner - Email Dilip
- Kashmir Singh Shahi, Commissioner - Email Kashmir
- Nico Tuason, Commissioner - Email Nico
- Michele Wms-Smith, Commissioner - Email Michele
- Ann Yap, Commissioner - Email Ann
Park and Recreation Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Caroline Abellar, Commissioner - Email Caroline
- David Acosta, Commissioner - Email David
- Art Cipriano, Alternate Commissioner - Email Art
- Charles Kennedy, Commissioner - Email Charles
- Seyi Mclelland, Commissioner - Email Seyi
- Glenn Nate, Commissioner - Email Glenn
- Steven Nichols, Commissioner - Email Steven
- Daniel Rivera, Commissioner - Email Daniel
- Amit Salwan, Alternate Commissioner - Email Amit
Planning Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the first and third Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Raymond Gonzales, Commissioner - Email Raymond
- Lee (Presley) Guio, Commissioner - Email Lee
- Jo Ann Lew, Commissioner - Email Jo Ann
- Harpal Mann, Commissioner - Email Harpal
- Harris Mojadedi, Commissioner - Email Harris
- Scott Sakakihara, Alternate Commissioner - Email Scott
- Jeanelle Singh, Alternate Commissioner - Email Jeanelle
Public Art Board meetings are held on an as needed basis. They are typically held at City Hall, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- Sarah Dalton-Erickson, Board Member - Email Sarah
Senior Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the third Tuesday of every month at 2:30 p.m.
- Mary Anne Cresto, Commissioner - Email Mary Anne
- Harbhajan "Harvey" Dosanjh, Commissioner - Email Harvey
- Larry Gissible, Commissioner - Email Larry
- Mila Josue, Commissioner - Email Mila
- Estrellita Munsayac, Commissioner - Email Estrellita
- Joseph Pritchard, Commissioner - Email Joseph
- Anita Roque, Alternate Commissioner - Email Anita
Public Art Board - Artist Position (3) and Youth Position (1)
The Public Art Board reviews and advises the City Council, City staff, and project applicants on proposed public art installations within Union City. The Public Art Board is also working closely with City staff on implementation of a citywide mural program.
The Public Art Board consists of five members including one resident citizen-at-large position, one resident youth position aged sixteen to twenty-four years, and three artist positions. All members of the Board are required to be residents of the City, except for the artist-members, who shall be either a City resident or who shall operate a studio within the City. Public Art Board members are appointed for a four-year term and may serve for three (3) consecutive terms. The Public Art Board meets on an as-needed basis. Meetings are typically held on weekday evenings beginning at 5:00 pm.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for all Boards, Commissions, and Committees and will remain valid 1 year from the date of submission. If you are selected to serve on a Board or Commission, the Political Reform Act requires that you file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) as well as complete biennial ethics training (AB 1234).
If you are a resident of the City of Union City and would like to apply for a position on a City board, commission or committee, download the appropriate application, complete the application, print and return it to the City Clerk's office:
Office of the City Clerk
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587
The City Clerk's office is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. City Hall is closed every other Friday.