Joining a commission is a great way to get involved with your community. At the end of each year, the City Clerk prepares and posts a list of expiring appointed terms for the coming year, the names of incumbents, and the dates of their appointment. The following is a list for 2023: 

Current Commissions

  1. Human Relations Commission

Human Relations Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.

  1. Parks and Recreation Commission
  1. Planning Commission
  1.  Arts and Culture Commission
  1. Senior Citizens Commission
  1. Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
  1. Station District Plan Advisory Committee
  1. Sales Tax and Utility Users' Oversight Committee

How to Apply

Board/Commission/Committee Application (used for all)

Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for all Boards, Commissions, and Committees and will remain valid 1 year from the date of submission. If you are selected to serve on a Board or Commission, the Political Reform Act requires that you file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) as well as complete biennial ethics training (AB 1234).  Commissioners are also asked to adhere to these Norms and Guidelines.

If you would like to apply for a position on a City board, commission or committee, applications are available the bottom of this page. Please fill out the appropriate application and return it to the City Clerk’s office at:

Office of the City Clerk
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587

- or- 

Via Email:  

Current Recruitments

Currently accepting applications to fill current vacancies and/or upcoming term expirations for 2023: 

  • Arts and Culture Commission
  • Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee
  • Human Relations Commission
  • Parks & Recreation Commission
  • Planning Commission
  • Senior Commission
  • Sales Tax & Utility Users' Oversight Committee

Notice of Unscheduled Vacancies

None at this time.

Ralph M. Brown Act Training 2021

Norms and Guidelines for Boards, Commissions & Committees