Joining a commission is a great way to get involved with your community. At the end of each year, the City Clerk prepares and posts a list of expiring appointed terms for the coming year, the names of incumbents, and the dates of their appointment. The following is a list for 2021:
- Human Relations
- Park and Recreation
- Planning Commission
- Arts and Culture Commission
- Senior Citizens
- Bike Ped Advisory Committee
- Station District Plan Advisory Committee
Human Relations Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Shamsa Rafay Masood, Commissioner - Email Shamsa
- Victor Lopez, Commissioner - Email Victor
- Kashmir Singh Shahi, Commissioner - Email Kashmir
- Michele Wms-Smith, Commissioner - Email Michele
- Ann Yap, Commissioner - Email Ann
- Inderpal "Ricky" Arora, Commissioner - Email Inderpal
- Jonathan Pettey, Commissioner - Email Jonathan
- Nkechi “Bridget” Uzoew, Alternate - Email Nkechi
- Anson Tjing, Alternate - Email Anson
Park and Recreation Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- VACANT, Commissioner
- David Acosta, Commissioner - Email David
- Cheris Crocker-Root, Commissioner - Email Cheris
- Charles Kennedy, Commissioner - Email Charles
- Seyi Mclelland, Commissioner - Email Seyi
- Steven Nichols, Commissioner - Email Steven
- Daniel Rivera, Commissioner - Email Daniel
- Albert Chin, Alternate - Email Albert
- Hamza Khawaja, Alternate - Email Hamza
Planning Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the first and third Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
Arts and Culture Commission meetings are held on an as needed basis. They are typically held at City Hall, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- Sarah Dalton-Erickson, Commissioner - Email Sarah
- Annette Heldmann, Commissioner
- Morgen Peters, Commissioner
- Crystal Swabeck, Commissioner
- Hassan Khawaja, Commissioner
Senior Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the third Tuesday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November) at 2:30 pm.
- Mary Anne Cresto, Commissioner - Email Mary Anne
- Harbhajan "Harvey" Dosanjh, Commissioner - Email Harvey
- Larry Gissible, Commissioner - Email Larry
- Mila Josue, Commissioner - Email Mila
- Estrellita Munsayac, Commissioner - Email Estrellita
- Dom Filardo, Commissioner - Email Dom
- Anita Roque, Commissioner - Email Anita
- Ashvinkumar Panchal, Alternate - Email Ashvinkumar
- Thu Thai, Alternate - Email Thu
The BPAC will meet on an as-needed basis. Meetings will occur on the first or third Mondays of the month in the evening.
- Jo Ann Lew, Planning Commission Representative – Email Jo Ann
- Steve Nichols, Park & Recreation Representative – Email Steve
- Mandeep Gill, Member at-large – Email Mandeep
- Timothy Swenson, Member at-large – Email Timothy
- Glenn Kirby, Bicycle Community Representative - Email Glenn
Station District Plan Advisory Committee meetings will take place in the evening on either the first or third Wednesdays of the month at City Hall.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for all Boards, Commissions, and Committees and will remain valid 1 year from the date of submission. If you are selected to serve on a Board or Commission, the Political Reform Act requires that you file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) as well as complete biennial ethics training (AB 1234).
If you would like to apply for a position on a City board, commission or committee, applications are available the bottom of this page. Please fill out the appropriate application and return it to the City Clerk’s office at:
Office of the City Clerk
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587
Via Email: CityClerk@UnionCity.org
Notice of Unscheduled Vacancies
The Sales Tax and Utility Users' Oversight Committee - Notice of Vacancy (Posted on 2/9/2021)
The Sales Tax and Utility Users’ Tax Oversight Committee shall meet two times a year to review and annually report on the revenue and expenditure of funds from the voter-approved utility users’ tax and half-cent sales tax. For more information and link to the online application please click here. Application deadline is Tuesday, March 9, 2021.