Joining a commission is a great way to get involved with your community. At the end of each year, the City Clerk prepares and posts a list of expiring appointed terms for the coming year, the names of incumbents, and the dates of their appointment. The following is a list for 2022:
- Human Relations Commission
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Arts and Culture Commission
- Senior Citizens Commission
- Bicycle & Pedestraian Advisory Committee
- Station District Plan Advisory Committee
- Sales Tax and Utility Users' Oversight Committee
Human Relations Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org VACANT, Commissioner
- Victor Lopez, Commissioner - Email Victor
- Kashmir Singh Shahi, Commissioner - Email Kashmir
- Michele Wms-Smith, Commissioner - Email Michele
- Ann Yap, Commissioner - Email Ann
- Jonathan Pettey, Commissioner - Email Jonathan
- Babar Mohammad, Commissioner - Email Babar
- Nkechi “Bridget” Uzoew, Alternate - Email Nkechi
- Anson Tjing, Alternate - Email Anson
Park and Recreation Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- David Acosta, Commissioner - Email David
- Albert Chin, Commissioner Email Albert
- Cheris Crocker-Root, Commissioner - Email Cheris
- Charles Kennedy, Commissioner - Email Charles
- Amandeep Sandhu, Commissioner - Email Amandeep
- Steven Nichols, Commissioner - Email Steven
- Daniel Rivera, Commissioner - Email Daniel
- Hamza Khawaja, Alternate Commissioner - Email Hamza
- VACANT, Alternate Commissioner
Planning Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the first and third Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
Arts and Culture Commission meetings are held quarterly on the third Tuesday. They are typically held at City Hall, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Senior Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the third Tuesday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November) at 2:30 pm.
- Harbhajan "Harvey" Dosanjh, Commissioner - Email Harvey
- Larry Gissible, Commissioner - Email Larry
- Mila Josue, Commissioner - Email Mila
- Estrellita Munsayac, Commissioner - Email Estrellita
- Dom Filardo, Commissioner - Email Dom
- Ashvinkumar Panchal, Commissioner - Email Ashvinkumar
- Thu Thai, Commissioner - Email Thu
- Teresita Zurbano, Alternate Commissioner - Email Teresita
- Deepti Garg, Alternate Commissioner - Email Deepti
The BPAC will meet on an as-needed basis. Meetings will occur on the first or third Mondays of the month in the evening.
- Jo Ann Lew, Planning Commission Representative – Email Jo Ann
- Steve Nichols, Park & Recreation Representative – Email Steve
- Mandeep Gill, Member at-large – Email Mandeep
- Timothy Swenson, Member at-large – Email Timothy
- Glenn Kirby, Bicycle Community Representative - Email Glenn
Station District Plan Advisory Committee meetings will take place in the evening on either the first or third Wednesdays of the month at City Hall.
- Robert Singer (at large) - Email Robert
- Seyi Mclelland (Planning Commission Representative) - Email Seyi
- Daniel Rivera (Parks and Recreation Commission Representative) - Email Daniel
- Estrelita Munsayac (Senior Commission Representative) - Email Estrelita
- Kashmir Singh Shahi (Human Relations Commission Representative) - Email Kashmir
How to Apply
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis for all Boards, Commissions, and Committees and will remain valid 1 year from the date of submission. If you are selected to serve on a Board or Commission, the Political Reform Act requires that you file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) as well as complete biennial ethics training (AB 1234).
If you would like to apply for a position on a City board, commission or committee, applications are available the bottom of this page. Please fill out the appropriate application and return it to the City Clerk’s office at:
Office of the City Clerk
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587
There are no current recruitments, but applications are accepted on a continuous basis and remain valid for one-year.
Notice of Unscheduled Vacancies
Ralph M. Brown Act Training 2021
- Power Point Presentation given on September 20, 2021
- Video of Presentation given on September 20, 2021