The Planning Division in collaboration with the Building Division and other City departments guide new development projects efficiently through a Development Review Process. This process is done by the Development Review Committee, an interdepartmental team that meets weekly to evaluate new development proposals. We review projects to ensure that they conform to the City’s policies and ordinances, including the City’s General Plan and Municipal Code.
Take a look here to learn more about the Development Review Process map.
We also evaluate projects for design quality and compatibility with existing development. We make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council on development applications for their approval. View our zoning map.
Beginning March 6, 2017, Planning Division staff will be available the following days and time for in-person counter assistance (may be subject to change):
Monday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:00 to 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 to 6:00 pm
If you need assistance outside of these hours, contact the Planning Division at 510.675.5319 or email email@example.com
- Preliminary Application for Development Review
- Formal Application for Development Review
- Environmental Information Form
- Stormwater Checklist
- Application Fees
Additional Development Review Forms
- Site Development Review Submittal Requirements
- Use Permit Submittal Requirements
- Subdivisions Submittal Requirements
- Project Data Sheet - Residential
- Project Data Sheet - Non-Residential
- Hazardous Materials Notification