The Planning Division in collaboration with the Building Division and other City departments guide new development projects efficiently through a Development Review Process.
PROPERTY INFORMATION & ZONING ORDINANCE
- Zoning Information - To find property information, including zoning information, visit the City’s Community View webpage
- Instructions and information on how to use Community View
- Zoning Ordinance (Title 18 of the Municiple Code)
- Union City Zoning Map
- Tax Maps can be obtained from the Alameda County Assessor’s website
APPLICATIONS FORMS & FEES
- Preliminary Application
- Formal Application
- Zoning Verification Letter Request
- Business License Zoning Conformance Review – Residential
- Business License Zoning Conformance Review – Non-Residential
- Planning Fees
SUBMITTAL CHECKLISTS & REQUIREMENTS
- Site Development Review Submittal Requirements
- Use Permit Submittal Requirements
- Subdivisions Submittal Requirements
- Project Data Sheet – Residential
- Project Data Sheet – Non-Residential
- Stormwater Checklist
- Wireless Telecommunications Facilities
- Temporary Commercial Signs Application
PLANNING RESOURCES & HANDOUTS
- Development Review Process Overview
- Residential Development Standards (R, RS & RM Districts)
- Requirements for Accessory Dwelling Units (e.g. in-law or secondary units)
- Requirements for Detached Accessory Structures in Residential Districts (e.g. sheds, detached garages, etc.)
- Requirements for Walls, Fences, Hedges in Residential Districts
- Residential Landscaping Requirements
- FEMA Flood Map Information
- California Earthquake Hazards Zone Map
- An archive of past and current planning documents (including environmental) is available here.
GENERAL PLAN INFORMATION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
PLANNING COUNTER HOURS & CONTACT
Monday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
ADOPTED POLICY STATEMENTS & STANDARDS
- Fast Food Drive Through Policy Statement
- Gas Station Marketeer
- Landscape Standards Policy Statement
- Large Family Daycare Policy Statement
- Parking Standards
- Seasonal Sales Lot Policy Statement