Stay In the Know on City News and Events
When it comes to keeping the public informed, we follow three communication principles
- We prioritize it. Communication is key in the development and planning of projects, programs and services, as well as, when we are responding to events or carrying out the day-to-day operations of city services.
- We feel strongly that our information should be accurate, concise and timely. In today’s age, people are overwhelmed with information and it comes to them at a fast pace. The City has a responsibility to combat misinformation, communicate good information in concise terms and deliver it as quickly as possible.
- Proactive, responsive and transparent communication will build the public’s trust and confidence in the City. As in any relationship, communication is the cornerstone to a successful relationship we have with the public.
We appreciate the patience and flexibility that the public and the news media has with us as we strive to follow those principles :)
All media inquiries should be directed to Communications & Marketing Manager Lauren Sugayan via email at email@example.com or by phone at (510) 675-5400.
Archived News Releases:
- Union City Appoints New Police Chief
- Union City Prepares to Launch Search for New City Manager
- ACLU Report about Union City Police Department Data Sharing Policy and Practice
- FY 2019/2020 and FY 2020/2021 Biennial Budget Update
- City Statement on Transitioning to By-District Elections
- FY 2019/2020 and FY 2020/2021 Biennial Budget Mid-Process Update
- City Council Declares Intent to Award Commercial Cannabis Use Permits to Redwood Medical Supply and Harvest of Union City