Top attractions and things to do in Union City
This is a list of some fun ways for you to spend your time in our community. When you go out and tackle this list, tag us on social media and use the hashtag #myunioncity so we can share your experience.
- Are you or your dog getting cabin fever? Head to Drigon Dog Park where your fury friend can get some exercise and socialize with other dogs.
- The Union City Farmers' Market takes place every Saturday in the Alvarado Historic District and is a great place to find direct-to-consumer foods that are both affordable and cater to our culturally diverse community. The market is a great way to get your kids involved in healthy living and cultural exploration, so bring the family!
- You know that big pyramid in the Station District on 11th street? Climb it!
- Is it too cold or too hot to play outside? Watch the latest flick at Century 25 Union Landing.
- Did you know that foodies come from as far as San Francisco to eat at Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot? It's that good. Try it!
- Dust off that bike and take the family out for a bike ride on the Alameda Creek Regional Trail. There are several entrances in Union City.
- Our Mark Green Sports Centers is one of the most premier workout and sport facilities in the area. You can choose from a menu of activities like dance and exercise classes, team sports, and health education classes. Learn more about it on here.
- Have you heard of Dry Creek Cottage and Gardens? A walking tour of this enchanted area tucked in the Union City hillside will take you to an old schoolhouse, a secret garden and a cottage where the Meyer's family, one of Union City's earliest families, settled and raised their kids on a ranch in the late 1800s.
- Take a baking class at Niles Pie Company! They host a range of events that include pie baking classes, pasta making classes and harvest dinners for you to try out the season's freshest ingredients baked into a delicious meal. Schedule is on their website.
- Did you know that people come from all over the region to Union City for a chance to do some indoor skydiving? If you are looking for a thrilling experience (and perhaps, prefer indoor skydiving to the real thing!), head to iFly at Union Landing!
- Take your kids to Pump It Up of Union City so they can get some energy out by jump, slide and crawl in this inflated party place.
- Take a walk in the charming Alvarado Historic District where you can find an array of health and social conscious businesses, like Worlds Yoga, Pure Juice & Smoothie Lounge, Corefitness by Jeanelle, Connection Cafe Chiropractic and Powerful Hypnosis Healing.
- Grab a soccer ball, call your friends and head to Shorty Garcia for a friendly soccer match.
- Union City has the first memorial in the United States dedicated to the victims of Flight 93. Take some time out of your busy schedule to pay respects to the 33 passengers and 7 crew members who died on September 11, 2001 when terrorists hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 and it crash landed in Shanksville, PA. The memorial is located at Sugar Mill Landing Park across the street from Union Landing.
- Have you noticed the incredibly charming and romantic outdoor patio dining at Tomatina in Union Landing? Go have that date night you've put off for way to long now ;)
- Are you like us at believe the Golden State Warrior's will win another championship again this year? Then, head to Chaplin's Sports Bistro for the next game and make sure to cheer and high five your fellow Dubs fans.
- Friday night lights anyone? Check out the James Logan High School Football team in action. Here is their 2017 schedule.
- We have a diverse mix of exercise and fitness options in Union City. Looking to try something new? Check out our Sports and Activities page for more info.
- Take your kiddos to a playground - our favorite playgrounds can be found at Kennedy Park, Casa Verde Park and Veteran's Memorial Park!
- If you live in Union City and haven't been to breakfast at Baldie's Cafe, then you're really missing out. Get the comfort food you are looking for your in life while enjoying the classic diner vibe.