Sports & Activities
Union City is a great community for sports lovers and for those who just want to get a little more activity in their life. At our local sports center, you can play pickup games, play in sports leagues, and take sports and fitness classes for all ages and interests--including cross training, dance classes, swim lessons, tennis, yoga, basketball, soccer, volleyball, boxing, and more--we really have something for everyone.
Mark Green Sports Center
The Mark Green Sports Center offers a full fitness center, aerobics room, locker rooms, child care center and a 12,000 square foot gymnasium offering adult sports programs, open gym time for basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, and family fitness programming. Learn more about the Mark Green Sports Center
Try These Ten Sports and Activities
In case you didn't know, we have a wide range of fitness options for you and your family to try out. So, put on your best athletic shoes and gear and make sure to let us know about your experiences by tagging us and using the hashtag #myunioncity.
- Take a hike, bike, walk or run the Alameda Creek Trail, where this path is destined to take you out of the hustle and bustle of an urban environment. There are several entrances in Union City.
- Follow us on social media to learn about the fitness and activity driven events we hold yearly, such as our Superhero 5k/10k Fun Run where everyone dresses up in their favorite superhero costumes or our annual TRYathlon.
- Don't be intimidated by the strength and stamina of mixed martial arts enthusiasts at Dragons Den MMA. They offer fitness classes for men & women are available mornings, mid-day, and evenings in Fusion Fitness, which incorporates resistance training, plyometrics, agility, kettlebells, suspension systems, and circuit training. We also offer a women's only fitness kickboxing class, Lady Dragons.
- Sign your kids up for Union City's Aquatic Program that takes place at the James Logan High School Dan Oden Swim Complex, which includes one outdoor, heated pool. You can learn more by calling the Aquatics Program hotline at 510.675.5486.
- Do you have old tennis rackets you need to dust off in your garage? There are three tennis court locations in Union City, including at Veteran's Memorial Park, Arroyo Park, and James Logan High School. Call 510.675.5329 for more information.
- If you have watched the Crossfit Games on TV and wondered what it would be like to channel your inner workout warrior, check out One World Self Defense and Fitness where you have your choice of Krav Maga, Crossfit, Bootcamp style workouts and more.
- We hear that parents, kids and avid workout junkies love Roots Kickboxing because of their friendly and supportive environment, expert trainers and fair pricing. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- One of the most popular outdoor attractions that gets visited by youth and young adults 365 days a year, rain or shine, is the skate park at Civic Center. Swing by and check it out for yourself!
- So, it is not quite the real thing, but it's pretty close - try skydiving at iFlyat Union Landing for a thrilling experience. Who knows, it may give you that urge to try the real thing!
- Head down to Shorty Garcia where almost every sunny weekend throughout the year you can find tons of people playing everything from soccer to frisbee. This park is a gem for those who love to engage in sports on an open playing field under the sun.