City Clerk

Who We Are

We work to ensure that the business of city government and the City Council is fair, transparent and open to the public. We primarily support the business operation of the City Council and manage the administrative requirements for record keeping, elections and more.

We are committed to providing quality public service, serving as the link between citizens and their local government. Our goal is to conduct processes with an aim toward transparency.

What We Do

The City Clerk's Office plays an important role in:

  • Ensuring the security and accessibility of all official City records
  • Serving as the information and records manager of all legislative proceedings
  • Conducting municipal elections
  • Serving as a support office to the City Council and City staff
  • Conducting City boards and commissions recruitments
  • Processing claims and lawsuits
  • Maintaining the Union City Municipal Code
  • Ensuring compliance with the Political Reform Act (Financial Disclosure & Ethics), The Ralph M. Brown Act (Open Meetings) and Californian Public Records Act (Open Records)

City Clerk Quick Links:

Access City Council Meetings & Agendas

Access City Records Archives

Make Public Records Request

File Claim - Union City Claim Form - Must be filed within 6 months of incident

Animal Fanciers Permit Application - Required per UCMC 8.22.020 to own three (3) or more dogs

Exotic Animal Permit Application  - Required per UCMC Chapter 8.20 to own certain classes of animals

Bingo Permit Application  - Required per UCMC Chapter 5.32 to host bingo games for charity

Non-profit Permit Application  - Required per UCMC Chapter 5.12.040 for exemption of business license tax for certain Nonprofit activities

Sound Amplification Permit Application   - Required before hosting gathering/event that includes amplified sound.  Please allow two-week lead time.

Union City Proclamation Request Policy - Steps on how to request a Proclamation from the City Council

City Council Chambers Use Application - Required to reserve the Council Chambers.  Please allow for 15 business days lead time.