Who We Are
We work to ensure that the business of city government and the City Council is fair, transparent and open to the public. We primarily support the business operation of the City Council and manage the administrative requirements for record keeping, elections and more.
We are committed to providing quality public service, serving as the link between citizens and their local government. Our goal is to conduct processes with an aim toward transparency.
The City Clerk's Office plays an important role in:
- Ensuring the security and accessibility of all official City records
- Serving as the information and records manager of all legislative proceedings
- Conducting municipal elections
- Serving as a support office to the City Council and City staff
- Conducting City boards and commissions recruitments
- Processing claims and lawsuits
- Maintaining the Union City Municipal Code
- Ensuring compliance with the Political Reform Act (Financial Disclosure & Ethics), The Ralph M. Brown Act (Open Meetings) and Californian Public Records Act (Open Records)
City Clerk Forms & Policies:
Fireworks Booth Permit Application Packet for 2021 (application period April 1 - May 1, 2021)