- City Services
- Development Services
- Fire Permits
About the Union City Fire Code
Union City is under contract with the Alameda County Fire Department to provide fire protection services to our residents and businesses. Union City adopted the 2013 California Fire Code and you can click Union City Fire Code to learn more.
For more information or if you have questions, feel free to call or stop by:
Alameda County Fire Prevention
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City, CA 94587
Fire Construction Permit Submission Requirements
All submissions must include:
- 3 sets of plans, maximum size 24”x36”.
- 1-hour plan check fee, payable to the City of Union City.
- Fire Sprinkler or Underground – Plans shall include 2 sets of the manufacturer’s specifications for all pipes, valves, fittings and hangers to be used, 2 sets of hydraulic calculations.
- Fire Alarm - Plans shall provide 2 sets of the manufacturer’s specifications and California State Fire Marshal Listing Sheets for all systems and components used.
- Fixed Fire Suppression Systems - Provide 2 sets of the manufacturer’s specifications and installation manual for system to be installed.
Alameda County Fire
Ensuring Code Compliance
Fire prevention inspectors conduct periodic inspections of facilities to ensure that business operations are conducted in a safe manner and are consistent with the conditions of approval. The Fire Prevention Bureau also issues permits and conducts inspections for special events such as festivals, events with tents or canopies, and fireworks booths. These services are provided under contract with Alameda County Fire Department, and are located at City Hall. For further information regarding these types of inspection and permits, contact Rebecca Lu at 510.675.5360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.