Bulky Item Pickup
This program is available for single-family households with individual cart service. If you live in an apartment or multi-family complex, please contact your property manager for instructions on how to properly recycle or dispose of large items.
Some items are too large to fit in your trash container. We know you don’t always have the time or ability to dispose of your large, bulk waste items. That’s our job. We’ll arrange for convenient bulk trash pickup so you don’t have to worry about it. This is a safe and responsible way to manage these items and is offered at no additional charge.
Two FREE appointments available any time during the year.
Call Republic Services to schedule your pick-up @ (510) 657-3500
Ready to schedule your free bulky cleanup?
- Before beginning your home cleanup project, call Republic Services to schedule a bulky item collection. Your pickup will be scheduled no more than 21 days of your call.
- A postcard confirming the date of the appointment will be mailed to you.
- Wait until the night before or by 6 a.m. of your scheduled pick-up day to place items at the curb. If materials are put out too soon, it may encourage others to add to your trash pile and it won't be picked up.
- If items are not out when the truck goes by, you will need to call in again to reschedule your collection for another day, and you will be required to move the materials out of public view until a new pick-up is scheduled
Republic Services will collect a total of 4 cubic yards (3 feet deep by 9 feet in length by 4 feet in height).
Acceptable items - ArtÍculos Aceptados:
- One major household appliance per scheduled pickup (water heater, washing machine, dryer, etc.) For safety, tightly secure or remove doors/lids.
- Furniture, mattresses and box springs
- Tires (Limit of 4 passenger car tires or smaller)
- Small appliances and e-waste: TVs, computer monitors, CPUs, printers
- Oversized branches and prunnings: please tie in bundles no more than 5 feet long or 6 inches in diameter.
- Clean unfinished wood (no wood fencing)
- Loose items must be bagged or boxed or will not be picked up
Not Accepted - ArtÍculos No Aceptados
- NO hazardous waste (paint, solvents, pesticides, motor oil, car batteries). Contact the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Program (1-800-606-6606) or visit www.stopwaste.org.
- NO single item over 150 lbs (except furniture and appliances)
- NO medical waste
- NO painted wood
- NO construction or demolition debris
- NO rocks, bricks, dirt or concrete
Reuse is Best!
Before you arrange for collection of your items, have you considered if they can be re-used? Consider holding a garage sale or donating your items to any number of local non-profits and community groups.
Fly-by-night haulers and illegal dumping
If someone offers to haul your junk for a low price, chances are that it is being illegally dumped. If your stuff is found illegally dumped, you could be held liable for removal costs, penalties and fees, even if you did not dump it yourself.
Para obtener esta información en español, por favor llame al (510) 657-3500.