Five-Year City Strategic Plan
A strategic plan is a vital tool for local jurisdictions to ensure that the priorities set by the City Council are conveyed in the organization’s goals, that objectives are clearly developed to meet the goals, and that city government is accountable to meeting community needs.
Strategic planning provides a pathways to build public and employee confidence in the City’s future. A citywide strategic can link other city priorities under one effective plan, such as the budget process, capital improvement plan, important policy decisions, economic development initiatives and public safety priorities.Employees are the organization’s most valuable asset and ensuring their contributions to the plan is essential the the plan's implementation and success.
The City Council unanimously approved initiating a strategic planning process in November 2018 and decided to engage with Management Partners to facilitate the development of the plan.
About the Strategic Planning Process
The planning process will include:
- An examination of the City's vision, mission and values
- A survey to gather community priorities as it relates to areas of city planning
- Development and determination of multi-year goals and strategies to achieve the broad goals
- Development and determination on how to measure the plan's success, along with reporting and accountability procedures
As of August 2019, two workshops have been held to determine the City's multi-year goals and strategies. The strategic plan is expected to be adopted in Fall 2019.
- Goal A. Financial Stability and Sustainability - Foster fiscal health through disciplined long-term planning, cost control, heightened efficiency, increased revenue and cost recovery.
- Goal B. Governance and Organization Effectiveness - Produce high-quality services to the community through a commitment to local government best practices and employee development, support and retention.
- Goal C. Economic, Community Development and Public Safety - Institute forward-thinking business, land use development, housing, social services, and public safety strategies that promote community growth and innovation.
- Goal D. Environmental Sustainability and Infrastructure - Create a healthy, sustainable community and maintain and improve the City’s infrastructure.
- Goal E. Communication and Outreach - Build strong connections with community partners, residents and employees.
- Environmental Scan - this is a report that identifies influencing internal and external factors of the next five years, critical to understanding the City's challenges and how to plan for them.
- Environmental Scan Presentation
For more information, contact Lauren Sugayan at email@example.com.