Five-Year City Strategic Plan
A strategic plan is a vital tool for local jurisdictions to ensure that the priorities set by the City Council are conveyed in the organization’s goals, that objectives are clearly developed to meet the goals, and that city government is accountable to meeting community needs.
Strategic planning provides a pathways to build public and employee confidence in the City’s future. A citywide strategic can link other city priorities under one effective plan, such as the budget process, capital improvement plan, important policy decisions, economic development initiatives and public safety priorities.Employees are the organization’s most valuable asset and ensuring their contributions to the plan is essential the the plan's implementation and success.
The City Council unanimously voted to launch a strategic planning process in November 2018 and decided to engage with Management Partners to facilitate the development of the plan.
About the Strategic Planning Process
The City officially launched its planning process in February 2019 and anticipates adopting its five-year City Strategic Plan by the end of the year. The planning process will include:
- An examination of the City's vision, mission and values
- A survey to gather community priorities as it relates to areas of city planning
- Development and determination of multi-year goals and strategies to achieve the broad goals
- Development and determination on how to measure the plan's success, along with reporting and accountability procedures
There are two City Council workshops currently planned for:
- May 21, 2019 at the Kennedy Youth Center
- July 11, 2019 at a location TBD
There will be a community survey available to the public tentatively in March 2019.
To learn more about or ask questions about the City's strategic planning process, you can contact the following project leads: