Annual Recycling Art Poster Contest
2023 Recycling Poster Contest
Our activities impact one another, our planet, and future generations. That's why millions of Americans took to the streets in cities across the country on April 22, 1970, and launched the world's first Earth Day, a day of action to protect the environment. Simple actions applied daily can go a long way in building thriving, sustainable communities, which is the reason why the theme of the annual recycling poster contest is “Make Every Day Earth Day!”.
Who May Enter
Any student, grades K-12, who lives or attends school in Union City may enter. One entry per student.
- Minimum: 8 ½ X 11 inches. Maximum: 11 X 17 inches.
- All mediums are accepted: markers, crayons, watercolors, colored pencils, etc. No digital art.
- Poster ideas: Concept and design should be related to environmental conservatism, waste reduction, recycling, and/or composting.
- Posters are created by students must be their own original work.
- A complete Official Entry Form must be attached to each poster artwork entry. An Official Entry Form can be downloaded here and is also available at City Hall, Holly Community Center, and Kennedy Community Center.
Winners will be selected on their creativity, imagination and the ability to inspire folks to Make Every Day Earth Day when reducing waste, recycling, and composting. Winning entries will be announced and featured in the Union City Community and Recreation Services Activity Guide, on the City website, and displayed in the community.
Submitting Your Entry
Complete the Official Entry Form and attach it to your artwork. Entries may be delivered to the following locations between Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 9AM and Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 2PM:
- City Hall, 34009 Alvarado-Niles Rd.
- Holly Community Center, 31600 Alvarado Blvd.
- Kennedy Community Center, 1333 Decoto Rd.
Entries will be accepted beginning Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 9AM.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 2PM.
- Kindergarten - Grade 2
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
Each category will have 1st , 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
- 1st Place Prize: $50
- 2nd Place Prize: $30
- 3rd Place Prize: $15
Winning posters will be held for display. All entries must be picked up from City Hall between Monday-Thursday, May 8-11, 9AM-2PM. Remaining artwork will be recycled after May 11 at 2PM. The City is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
This annual program is sponsored by Union City Recycles, Republic Services and Tri-CED Community Recycling.
Please contact Union City Recycles at Info@UnionCityRecycles.org or (510) 675-5433 if you have any questions.