Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- 8.2.2021: Alameda County Public Health Officer Reinstates Mask Mandate for Workplaces and Public Setting
- 7.26.2021: Statement of Support for State Order to Reduce the Risk of Circulation of COVID-19 in Health Care and High-Risk Congregate Settings
- 7.23.2021: 1 Million Alameda County Residents Are Now Fully Vaccinated
- 7.16.2021: Bay Area Counties Recommend Masking Indoors for Everyone as a Precaution Against Increased Circulation of COVID-19
- 7.8.2021: COVID-19 Cases More than Double in Alameda County since Early June's Lows
- 6.14.2021: Alameda County Is Aligned with the State’s Beyond the Blueprint Framework
- View all previous press releases
For general inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (510) 268-2101.
- Alameda County Information and Resources for the COVID-19 Vaccines
- California State website for vaccine information
- Fact sheet about the COVID-19 vaccine:English┃ Spanish (Español) ┃ Chinese (中文)
- CDC Guidance: What Activities Are Safe When You're Fully Vaccinated?
The pandemic has disproportionately impacted communities of color and has, also, accentuated a longstanding, systemic mistrust of healthcare and government among these same groups. While this remains a national problem, the City of Union City is taking an approach to address the issue collaboratively with community members. The City has launched a series of videos to help raise awareness about the vaccine and to build confidence in the vaccine, especially among Black and Latino communities. In the inaugural video series, Union City residents Amirh Johnson, a medical physicist, and Derrick Richardson, a biotechnology professional, share with the community why they plan to take the vaccine, why it is important that others do so, and why they trust and feel safe taking the vaccine. The video series also includes videos in Spanish, filmed with the executive director of Centro de Servicios, Jaime Jaramillo, and program manager of Youth and Family Services, Pedro Naranjo.
Watch the video series here:
The Union City Police Department will inform and educate members of the public and businesses that are in violation of the Alameda County Public Health Orders. It is the goal of the UCPD to achieve voluntary compliance with the order. If you have a concern about a business that is not compliant with the order, please email Alameda County at Covid19compliance@acgov.org.
The Alameda County Public Health Department has published a dashboard which shows both county and city data for vaccination rates and COVID-19 cases.
We are seeking donations from residents and businesses to help support our growing emergency operation, which includes keeping our first responders safe and planning for how the City can provide community support in the areas of supplies and volunteers.
At this current time, here are the items we are seeking donation in:
- N95 masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable face shield
- Disposable gowns
- Lysol disinfecting wipes
- Disinfecting sprays
- Disposable boot covers
- Bottled water
Stay Connected with Us
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor
- Subscribe to our newsletter at unioncity.org/e-newsletter
- Updates on UCTV Local Channel 15