How Can You Help?
We Need Your Help!
We are seeking donations from residents and businesses to help support our growing emergency operation, which includes keeping our first responders safe and planning for how the City can provide community support in the areas of supplies and volunteers.
At this current time, here are the items we are seeking donation in:
- N95 masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable face shield
- Disposable gowns
- Lysol disinfecting wipes
- Disinfecting sprays
- Disposable boot covers
- Bottled water
All donations must be submitted through our online form. All donation requests will go through a vetting by emergency operations staff upon receipt. We expect to be receiving and processing a high volume of donation inquiries, so thank you for your patience as we work through them. We anticipate contacting you within one business day upon submitting your donation inquiry.
For money donations to help support us being able to purchase these items, go to https://checkout.square.site/buy/RZIRRKT7O7Y7T3C3HY7NOX6U
While we strongly urge that all donations be submitted through the online form, you can call us and leave us a message on our hotline at 510.675.5327; or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on a donation inquiry.
Local Organizations Seeking PPE Donations
Centro de Servicios of Alameda County
Contact: Jaime Jaramillo
Contact: Paddy Iyer
Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center, Inc.
Contact: Roy Coleman
510-471-5907 ext. 3120
Alternate number: 510-471-5907
Pathway to Wellness
Contact: Receptionist will connect
Eden Council for Hope and Opportunity
Contact: Marjorie Rocha
- If you’re available on weekdays between 10:30-12:30, LIFE ElderCare needs volunteers to deliver Meals On Wheels to elders in Fremont, Union City, and Newark. Help out as often as you can - 1x / week, once every two weeks, once a month, etc.
Or, sign up to become a friendly visitor and make weekly calls to an isolated senior who needs support. This is a flexible opportunity that can easily fit into your schedule - and is a great way to volunteer while still sheltering-in-place.
Please call 510-894-0370, email info@LifeElderCare.org, or sign up at www.LifeElderCare.org.
- There is a critical need for blood donations across the United States, as blood drives have been cancelled during shelter-in-place orders. Consider scheduling an appointment to donate blood at the Fremont-Newark Blood Donation Center.
- Volunteer to make meal deliveries with Meals on Wheels. Visit the Alameda County Meals on Wheels website to sign up.
- UC Berkeley and UCSF are collecting unused CPAP and BIBAP machines to repurpose them into much-needed ventilators. You can fill out this form to let them know what model machine you have and where they can pick them up.
California Health Corps and Statewide Opportunities
- California is preparing for an increase in the number of people who urgently need health care in our communities during the COVID-19 outbreak. To meet this moment, the state is opening additional health care sites to treat people affected by COVID-19 and to relieve the pressure on our health care system by providing care for non-COVID-19 cases.
To ensure adequate staff for health care sites throughout California, we’re calling on healthcare providers, behavioral health professionals, and health care administrators to register today.
- Physicians (MD, DO), including medical residents and students
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Nurses (RN, LVN, CNA), including nursing students
- Behavioral health professionals (psychiatrist, psychiatric technicians psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)
- Respiratory therapists
- Medical assistants
- Emergency medical technicians
Visit the California Health Corps website for more information.
- Governor Gavin Newsom has launched a one-stop website for donations and sales of essential medical supplies