Safe Use of Parks
Help us keep Union City parks safe for everyone by cooperating with Alameda County Shelter in Place Order. Please do the following to protect yourselves, other park visitors, and City staff during COVID-19 pandemic:
BEFORE HEADING OUT TO THE PARKS
- Stay close to your home and only visit parks near you.
- Playgrounds and Par Courses are off limits.
- Plan ahead. All restrooms and drinking fountains are closed. Use bathrooms at home.
- Bring water and hand sanitizer.
- Bring cloth face covering / mask in case you need it.
- Dog walking at parks is permissible; just remember to keep them on a leash and clean up their poop. Dogs are not permitted on synthetic turf fields, and fenced off baseball fields.
- No picnicking allowed; no loitering in picnic areas is allowed.
- Do not use benches, picnic tables, and other outdoor surfaces; they are not sanitized.
- You can exercise by yourself or with immediate household members only. NO gatherings or meetup groups allowed. Sports or activities that include the use of shared equipment or physical contact between participants may only be engaged in by members of the same household or living unit. NO gatherings, organized team practices, or meetup groups allowed.
- All outdoor basketball and tennis courts and sports fields are closed until further notice.
- The skate park located at William Cann Civic Center Park is open per the latest Alameda County Public Health Emergency Order.
UNION CITY DOG PARK
- Dogs should remain on-leash at all times.
- Dog owners who choose to let their dogs off leash in an off-leash park should prevent their dog from interacting with other people or animals.
- Dog owners must bring their own water for their dogs.
- Dog owners are required to bring their own poop bags and dispose dog waste at home.
- City has the right to close the Dog Park at any time if these instructions are