Financial and Unemployment Resources

  1. Financial Aid
  2. Financial Tips
  3. Unemployment Resources
  4. Jobs

Free Financial Consulting

Alameda County residents affected by the pandemic can request a FREE financial consultation with a Financial Navigator who will listen to their challenges and inform them of the different programs available to help their situation. Navigators can:

  • Point people to rental assistance and utility programs
  • Inform them of unemployment insurance, CalFresh, and other benefit programs
  • Prioritize payments for credit cards and student loans
  • Guide them in communicating and negotiating with creditors and more.

In just one phone call, someone can get connected to the programs that can help them recover financially.

Open to Alameda County residents in a variety of languages. Sign up at 


CalWORKs provides cash aid and services to eligible families who have a child(ren) in the home. CalWORKs is available to U.S. citizens and certain immigrants, including US citizen children even if the parent(s) is not eligible, because of immigration status. Go to or contact your local Social Services Agency:

Eden Area Multi-Service Center; 24100 Amador Street Hayward, CA 94544; (510) 263-2420

Are you...

  • Not eligible for cash benefits like CalWORKS?,
  • OR Refugee, asylee, or Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holder, 
  • OR A victim of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other serious crimes? 

You may be eligible for other assistance and relief programs. Visit the E-Benefits California website:

Relief Funds