Road to Recovery
See a list of Businesses Permitted to Operate in Alameda County, dated June 5, 2020, with site-specific protection plans. This roster includes businesses and activities authorized under previous orders.
Businesses seeking guidance on re-opening consistent with Alameda County guidelines should email email@example.com.
City Launches Temporary Outdoor Permit Process:
The most recent Alameda County Public Health Order allows for outdoor dining. To facilitate businesses getting back on their feet, the City adopted an urgency ordinance to allow for a fee-free, streamlined permitting process for businesses wanting to do temporary outdoor dining. For more information and to access the on-line application, visit https://www.unioncity.org/Temporary-Outdoor-Dining. Businesses who currently have approval for outdoor dining are exempt from this requirement. If you have questions or need a paper application, please contact the Planning Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at (510) 675-5319.
Considerations and tools for safely re-opening your business:
- Where does your business fall in the reopening plan? View the Alameda County Reopening Plan.
- Site Specific Protection Plan: As Alameda County moves through its reopening plan, businesses will need to come up with a Site Specific Protection Plan, formerly known as the Social Distancing Protocol. You can read about the plan and get a template by following this link.
- Signs for your business: Visit the Alameda County FAQ page to download face covering signs for your business in multiple languages.
- PPE for your business: The California Manufacturers & Technology Association has soft-launched the Safely Making CA web portal to connect manufacturers of locally-sourced PPE items directly to businesses. Learn more at SafelyMakingCA.org
- Restaurant Recovery: Pandemic Relaunch Toolkit