November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
Election Results beginning November 3, 8:00 p.m.
Election results will be posted by the Alameda County Registrar of Voters beginning at 8:00 p.m. on November 3. Updates will be made daily at approximately 5:00 p.m. through November 20. Click here for the latest results.
It is anticipated that the City Council will certify the results of the election at the regular City Council meeting of December 8, 2020.
- October 5 - First day of mailing Vote by Mail Ballots & Early Voting Period Begins at the Registrar of Voters Office (EC§3001). Starting October 5th, drop your ballot off at a 24-Hour Drop Box. Make your vote count—remember to sign the back of your return envelope! Drop Boxes are Open 24 hours a day October 5th until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Find A Drop Box Near You
- October 19 - Last day to register to vote online for the November 3, 2020 General Election (EC§2102).
- October 31 to November 2 - Accessible Voting Locations Open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for early voting
- November 3 - Election Day; Polls open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM; Mail in Ballots postmarked by this day
- November 20 - Mail in ballots must be received in Regsitrar of Voter Office with postmark by November 3, 2020
Register to Vote Online - Secretary of State (Deadline Passed - October 19, 2020)
How to Vote
In person: Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, Assembly Bill 860 sets out requirements for in person voting. For every 10,000 voters one in person voting location is required. For Alameda County there will be 100 Accessible Voting Locations (AVLs). The County is working with a number of community groups to find these locations. A list of locations that have been secured or are in the process of being secured can be found here: Locations throughout Alameda County
- Union City Accessible Voting Locations Confirmed
- Mark Green Sports Center - 31224 Union City Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Middle School - 2801 Hop Ranch Road
- James Logan High School - 1800 H Street
- New Haven Adult School - 600 G Street
- Accessible Voting Location Hours
- October 31 - November 2: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm;
- November 3 (Election Day): 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m
Vote by Mail Drop Box: 24 hour drop boxes are available throughout Alameda County. If you are a registered voter in Alameda County, you may drop you ballot off at any location. A complete list and map can be found here:Alameda County Drop Box Locations
- Union City Ballot Box Drop Off Locations
- City Hall - 34009 Alvarado-Niles Road (Confirmed)
Vote by Mail: Return by mail - must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by ROV no later than 17 Days after Election. No Postage Required.
City of Union City: Notice of Election
On June 9, 2020, the City Council adopted Resolution No. 5608-20, calling the General Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 for the offices of Mayor and City Councilmember from District 1 (see District Map below).
To be eligible to run for City Council, a person must be a registered voter in the City of Union City at the time nomination papers are issued (Elections Code 201) and provide verification to the City Clerk prior to the issuance of nomination papers. Nomination papers are issued between 113 and 88 days prior to the election (E -113-88). In order to qualify as a registered voter in Union City you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- A resident of Union City
- At least 18 years of age on the date of the next election
- Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
Candidate Nomination Period - Closed
Candidate Nomination period was July 13, 2020 - August 7, 2020. Candidate Nomination Period is now closed.
|Candidate Name||Office Sought||
Committee ID Number
|Jaime Patino||Mayor||1425023||JP Form 501
|Carol Dutra-Vernaci||Mayor||990051||CDV Form 501
- No Candidate Statement Filed
|District 1 Councilmember||1425084||GS Form 501
|Sarabjit Kaur Cheema||Mayor||1433405||SKC Form 501
|Sandra Holder-Grayson||District 1 Councilmember||1431695||SHG Form 501|
Measure WW - Utility Users Tax
On August 6, 2020 the City Council adopted Resolution No. 5635-20 placing Measure WW, a Utility Users Tax Measure, on the ballot for the General Municipal Election to be held on November 3, 2020. Read the complete Resolution and Full Text of the Measure here.
- City Attorney's Impartial Analysis
- Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Measure WW
- Rebuttal to Argument in Opposition to Measure WW
|Campaign Committee||Commitee ID Number||Form Type||Filing Date|
|Yes on Measure WW 2020||1422280||Form 410|
Form 460; 07/01/20 to 09/19/20
Form 460; 06/30/20to 9/25/20 Amended
Form 497; Report 1
Form 460; 09/20/20 to 10/17/20
Form 497; Report 2
Form 460; 10/18/20 to 10/30/20
Form 497; Report 3
Form 497; Report 4
Independent Expediture Reports
|Political Action Committee||Committee ID Number||Form Type||Filing Date|
|California Real Estate Political Action Committee (CREPAC)|
California Association of Realtors
|890106||496 - Report 1|
496 - Report 2