- People & Culture
- About Union City
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Vaccination Resources
Alameda County Planning Information and Resource for Upcoming COVID-19 Vaccines: Alameda County’s website was updated to include a Vaccine Notification Form, where County residents can register to be notified when a vaccine is available and receive information with details on location and timing. All responses will be kept confidential and will only be used for planning and outreach purposes. The County will not share individual-level information with anyone.
COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-422-4255 (8AM-8PM)
- California State website for vaccine information
- Fact sheet about the COVID-19 vaccine:English┃ Spanish (Español) ┃ Chinese (中文)
- CDC Guidance: What Does the End of Public Health Emergency Mean For You
The staff at Ride-On Tri-City! Program are able to help residents 65+ make COVID vaccine appointments with Washington Hospital and Haller’s Pharmacy and help to coordinate rides to and from their appointments. Call 510-574-2053 for this assistance. If you are a homebound resident, you can book an appointment for a health worker to vaccinate you in your own home: call 510-280-4VAX
The pandemic has disproportionately impacted communities of color and has, also, accentuated a longstanding, systemic mistrust of healthcare and government among these same groups. While this remains a national problem, the City of Union City is taking an approach to address the issue collaboratively with community members. The City has launched a series of videos to help raise awareness about the vaccine and to build confidence in the vaccine, especially among Black and Latino communities. In the inaugural video series, Union City residents Amirh Johnson, a medical physicist, and Derrick Richardson, a biotechnology professional, share with the community why they plan to take the vaccine, why it is important that others do so, and why they trust and feel safe taking the vaccine. The video series also includes videos in Spanish, filmed with the executive director of Centro de Servicios, Jaime Jaramillo, and program manager of Youth and Family Services, Pedro Naranjo.
Watch the video series here:
- Sign up for the CDC's V-Safe After-Vaccination Health Checker: V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that checks in on you after your COVID-19 vaccination. Your participation helps keep COVID-19 vaccines safe — for you and for everyone. If you got vaccinated in the last 6 weeks, you can participate in v-safe! It takes just a few minutes to register and get started. All you need is your smartphone and information about the COVID-19 vaccine you received. This information can be found on your vaccination record card. If you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider.
- CDC: Stay up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines
Vaccination Sites in Alameda County
Popup Vaccine and Testing Site
Walmart has begun offering COVID-19 vaccines at 137 of its California pharmacies — including in Union City. The vaccine is available at no cost. Click here to schedule an appointment.
Bay Area Community Health in Fremont Calendar
- Drop in or schedule an appointment at multiple locations
Alameda Health System
Alameda Health System is vaccinating patients who currently receive care in any AHS outpatient clinic (primary care, specialty, dental, or behavioral health).
CVS is accepting appointments for free COVID-19 vaccinations throughout the State of California.
They are routinely adding new appointments, so please check back often on their website. Please do not call or walk into individual CVS stores to book an appointment.
Check out their website to check if you qualify and to book an appointment
Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center
Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center (TVHC) in Union City is offering the vaccine to TVHC patients and community members. To make an appointment, click HERE or to learn more go to TVHC's website.
Kaiser is offering no-cost vaccine for the primary series and booster shots for both members and non-members.
Kaiser is vaccinating people 5 and older. If you have a caregiver account for a member who’s 5 to 17, you can book an appointment for them at the link below. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18 to the appointment or print out and complete the consent form .
Members and nonmembers can also call 1-866-454-8855 (TTY 711 ) for COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
Sutter Health is currently vaccinating Sutter Health patients.
Check their website regularly as information could change in the future .
Stanford Health Care
Stanford Health Care is currently vaccinating Stanford Health patients.
You can book on their website or call them at 650-498-9000.
By appointment only, Washington Hospital and Washington Township Medical Foundation (WTMF) are administering the COVID-19 vaccine to individuals who live or work in Fremont, Newark, Union City, South Hayward or Sunol and who meet the above criteria.
Community members can inquire about eligibility and appointments by calling our COVID-19 vaccination phone line at 510.248.8200, but please note that we are experiencing extremely long wait times in our call center.
Haller's Pharmacy in Fremont
Click here to read more about Haller's Pharmacy vaccine information.
- Normal operating hours are M-F 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., weekends 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Appointments are recommended and can be made online (link above) or by phone (510) 797-2772, but walk-ins are allowed based on availability.