Public Works Construction Advisory
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our City’s infrastructure!
Mid-October & November 2021 - Dyer Street Paving
Dyer Street Paving from Deborah Drive to Alvarado Boulevard from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. At least one lane of traffic in each direction will be operational and access to driveways shall be accommodated during construction. The contractor will provide proper traffic control for their operations to ensure construction zone is safe for all users of the roadway and sidewalks.
For More Information, contact Project Engineer Trieu Tran at email@example.com or call 510-675-5301 with any questions or comments.
What to Expect During Construction
- Typical construction work hours will be Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 'No parking' signs will be posted on barricades 72 hours prior to work.
- Avoid being towed in no parking zones by moving cars to driveways or other streets.
- Expect possible delays and rough driving surfaces. Drive slowly through construction zones.
- At periods of construction, some traffic lanes will be closed.
- Emergency vehicles will have access at all times.
- Garbage & recycling collection scheduled date/days should not be affected.
What to Expect After Construction
- Roadway conditions will change on Dyer Street from Deborah Drive to Alvarado Boulevard
- Bicycle lanes will be added to the roadway
- Some parking will be impacted
- Traffic delays or congestion are not expected to increase following construction
- 2012 – 2012 Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan identified bicycle improvements along Dyer Street.
- 2016 - One Bay Area Grant Fund became available for eligible construction projects; the City submitted application for funding.
- 2018 – The City began working with CALTRANS Local Assistance on project design in accordance with Federal Highway Administration requirements.
- 2021 - Several public meetings, which were open to the public, were held with the City’s Bicycle & Pedestrian Action Committee and the Parks & Recreation Commission on project design and the need to meet City’s Strategic Plan Goals.
- June 2021 - Project was advertised for bidding.
- August 2021 - City Council awarded the Project at their August 10, 2021 Regular Meeting.