- Feature Links
- Web Accessibility
Using this Site
Welcome to the City of Union City website. The city is incorporating into our website the Web Page Disability Access Design Standards. We are pleased to provide an alternative medium for accessing information about our programs and services. To ensure you receive information in an accessible format you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Fill out an Accessible Information Request form. Please note: This form is not for requesting documents pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
- Contact us by phone or email:
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 707-445-7266
- Toll-free: 1-844-365-0352.
- California Relay Service (CRS): 711
- If you have any suggestions for improving the accessibility features of our website, please fill out our Website Question/Comment form or email us and indicate:
- The nature of your accessibility needs
- A description of the material you are attempting to access (and web address if applicable)
- The preferred format in which to receive the material
- Your contact information.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- Our pages are designed to display without horizontal scrollbars when they are viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead, it means there are also other, non-color-dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We work to comply with Section 508 as well as WCAG 2.0 A and AA.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Browser Accessibility Information
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools:
- Chrome Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Microsoft Edge Accessibility Information
- Safari Accessibility Information
PDF reader software is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. We recommend Adobe's free PDF Reader software.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.
Supported Assistive Technology
- AudioEye Ally Toolbar
- Latest Version of JAWS for Windows
- Latest Version of NVDA for Windows
- Latest Version of VoiceOver for Mac OS X
- Keyboard-Only Navigation