Solar App+ for Solar Installers
Limited SolarApp Pilot starting 08/07/2023 until launch of service, please use standard building permit process.
SolarAPP+ Automated Solar Plan Reviews
Before applying for an automated solar plan review and solar permit, projects must follow certain requirements. At this time, SolarAPP+ is designed to provide a code-compliance check for the majority of residential, roof-mounted, retrofit photovoltaic systems. To see which systems are eligible, please refer to the Solar App Eligibility Checklists. Only projects that conform to this lists are eligible to use the automated SolarAPP+ portal for instant permitting.
How to Start using SolarApp+
- Register through the SolarAPP+ Registration Webpage.
- If already registered, please skip to step 2.
Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+
- To start using SolarAPP+, log in and submit your design through the SolarAPP+ Webpage.
- A processing fee from SolarAPP+ and City of Union City permit fees will be charged.
- Download the approved documentation.
- Receive an email within 48 business hours containing the City of Union City permit number (for example BLDG-23-XXXXXX) needed for scheduling inspections.
Schedule an Inspection:
- Follow online instructions to schedule Inspection:
- FINAL-Inspection-Handout (unioncity.org)
Solar App+ Tutorials
- What is SolarAPP+?
- Where is SolarAPP+ available?
- What projects qualify to be submitted in SolarAPP+?
- Is there a limit on system size SolarAPP+ can review?
- How much does SolarAPP+ cost an installer to use?
- How do I register with SolarAPP+?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
- Being prepared for Solarapp+ inspection.
- Contractors Guide: Release notes